The Protections Dashboard includes consolidated reports about tracking protection, data breaches, and password management. New features let you:
- Track how many breaches you’ve resolved right from the dashboard
- See if any of your saved passwords may have been exposed in a data breach
To view your dashboard, type about:protections into the address bar, or select “Protections Dashboard” from the main menu.
Because we know people try to fix problems by reinstalling Firefox when a simple refresh is more likely to solve the issue, we’ve added a Refresh button to the Uninstaller.
With this release, your screen saver will no longer interrupt WebRTC calls on Firefox, making conference and video calling in Firefox better.
We’ve rolled out WebRender to Windows users with Intel GPUs, bringing improved graphics performance to an even larger audience.
Firefox 78 is also our Extended Support Release (ESR), where the changes made over the course of the previous 10 releases will now roll out to our ESR users. Some of the highlights are:
- Kiosk mode
- Client certificates
- Service Worker and Push APIs are now enabled
- The Block Autoplay feature is enabled
- Picture-in-picture support
- View and manage web certificates in about:certificate
Pocket recommendations, featuring some of the best stories on the web, will now appear on the Firefox new tab for 100% of our users in the UK. If you don’t see them, you can turn on Pocket articles in your new tab, follow these steps.