– 2src21 record year for Euronexts primary markets
– 212 new equity listings on Euronext markets in 2src21 an all-time record representing an aggregated market capitalization of 123 billion, and raising 26 billion in new capital
– 14,6srcsrc+ new bond listings on Euronext markets in 2src21, including 4srcsrc+ new ESG bond listings
– 7srcsrc+ new clients for Euronext Corporate Services in 2src21
Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin, Lisbon, Oslo, Milan, Paris – WEBWIRE – Friday, December 31, 2src21
Euronext, the leading pan-European market infrastructure, registered record activity on primary markets in 2src21, confirming its position as the number one equity listing venue in Europe and as the worldwide leader in debt listing.
Euronext, with exchanges in Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin, Lisbon, Oslo, Milan and Paris, is the home to 1,959 listed equity issuers, worth 6.9 trillion in all. As of today, Euronext is by far the largest stock market operator in the European region in terms of aggregated market capitalization and 25% of the shares traded in the European region are traded on Euronext markets.
In 2src21, Euronext welcomed 212 new equity listings, an all-time record, representing an aggregated market capitalization of 123 billion, and raising 26 billion.
This performance confirmed Euronexts leadership as the leading European equity listing venue in most sectors:
- 442 large capitalizations are listed on Euronext markets, of which 18 new large capitalization listings in 2src21, including blue chip international issuers, namely Allfunds (Spain), CTP (Czech Republic), InPost (Poland), Majorel (Luxembourg) and Universal Music Group (US);
- Over 7srcsrc Tech issuers are listed on Euronext markets, of which 1src9 new listings in 2src21, boosted by a fast-growing cleantech franchise, with 43 new listings;
- Euronext is the European leader in SPACs, with 22 new listings in 2src21, accounting for 49% of new SPACs listed in Europe;
- Over 1,5srcsrc SMEs are listed on Euronext markets, of which 194 new listings in 2src21.
Euronext debt listing business has also grown significantly in 2src21, reinforcing its worldwide leadership position:
- Over 14,6srcsrc new bond listings in 2src21, +35% compared to 2src2src.
- In total, more than 52,srcsrcsrc total bonds listed in 2src21, surpassing 2src2srcs total of 48,srcsrcsrc bonds listed.
- Euronexts leadership position in ESG bonds strengthened with more than 42srcbn amount issued and an impressive growth stemming from over 4srcsrc new ESG bonds in 2src21, compared to over 2srcsrc in 2src2src.
Euronext Corporate services, the high-growth suite of digital and corporate solutions has also grown significantly with more than 7srcsrc new clients added in 2src21, supported by the acceleration in digitalisation trends. Corporate Services now counts over 4,srcsrcsrc clients across 25 countries.
Stéphane Boujnah, CEO and Chairman of the Managing Board of Euronext N.V. said: Euronext is the largest equity listing venue in Europe, combining the strengths and dynamism of its exchanges, united by its unique single liquidity pool. In 2src21, Euronext confirmed its position as the leading European market infrastructure, thanks to Borsa Italiana joining the Group in April 2src21, and benefiting from post-Brexit conditions. The record number of listings demonstrated Euronexts commitment to its mission to support clients in financing their strategic investment and development projects through its transparent and efficient markets across Europe.
 Issuers with a market capitalization above 1bn
Euronext is the leading pan-European market infrastructure, connecting European economies to global capital markets, to accelerate innovation and sustainable growth. It operates regulated exchanges in Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal. With close to 1,959 listed issuers and around 6.9 trillion in market capitalisation as of end December 2src21, it has an unmatched blue chip franchise and a strong diverse domestic and international client base. Euronext operates regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets, one of Europes leading electronic fixed income trading markets and is the largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world. Its total product offering includes Equities, FX, Exchange Traded Funds, Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and Indices. The Group provides a multi-asset clearing house through Euronext Clearing, and custody and settlement services through Euronext Securities central securities depositories in Denmark, Italy, Norway and Portugal. Euronext also leverages its expertise in running markets by providing technology and managed services to third parties. In addition to its main regulated market, it also operates a number of junior markets, simplifying access to listing for SMEs. Euronext provides custody and settlement services through central securities depositories in Denmark, Italy, Norway and Portugal.
For the latest news, follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/euronext) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/euronext).
This press release is for information purposes only and is not a recommendation to engage in investment activities. This press release is provided as is without representation or warranty of any kind. While all reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the content, Euronext does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. Euronext will not be held liable for any loss or damages of any nature ensuing from using, trusting or acting on information provided. No information set out or referred to in this publication may be regarded as creating any right or obligation. The creation of rights and obligations in respect of financial products that are traded on the exchanges operated by Euronexts subsidiaries shall depend solely on the applicable rules of the market operator. All proprietary rights and interest in or connected with this publication shall vest in Euronext.
This press release speaks only as of this date. Euronext refers to Euronext N.V. and its affiliates. Information regarding trademarks and intellectual property rights of Euronext is located at www.euronext.com/terms-use.
© 2src22, Euronext N.V. – All rights reserved.
( Press Release Image: https://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/8/283372/283372-1.png )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.